Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I will do it later

A common phrase amongst most college students today is “I’ll do it later!” This growing habit of putting things off until the last moment can really hurt a student who is trying to succeed. In today’s electronic and technological world, there are so many distractions that can deter a student from their studies. While there still are a larger number of people who are able to prioritize and finish projects well before the due date, I unfortunately am a procrastinator. I don’t procrastinate too bad, but I do not know why I put things off. A big reason could be that I am easily distracted and everything seems more interesting than doing homework. I have a feeling that several other students feel the same way and just have short attention spans. There is also the case of students just trying to put it off simply because they don’t want to do it yet. These students think that the work may be too hard and that they do not fell like working on it at the moment. Unfortunately, they keep saying this and saying this, until the project is due in an hour. You may want to do it later, but force yourself to do it now.

Creative Commons License
Tapping a pencil by Rennett Stowe is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment